Goss LLC A Business-Oriented Insurance Agency
“We are a Problem Solvers for Business BENEFITS”
Group Benefits Insurance Products
Welcome to Goss LLC Agency Group Benefits
Goss LLC Group Benefits Agency has specialized in employee benefits for more than 20 years. Our agency has the personal service of a locally owned firm, paired with the innovative ideas and cutting edge tools of a national firm. Our passion for client service and proven results is well-known and has helped us maintain one of the highest client retention rates in the industry.
In this fast-paced and competitive industry, service should be second to none. A team of highly trained and tenured support personnel dedicated to providing quality service in plan design and administration and delivering solutions that reduce administrative costs and provide benefit to the bottom line is critical. Responses to questions and concerns should be swift and accurate. Ongoing communications, which serve to notify well in advance of important developments, should occur on a regular basis to provide best-in-class service and support.
About Group Benefits
Goss LLC Group Benefits Agency `works with individual clients and groups of 2 to 30,000 employees in all segments and industries. Our clients represent a broad range of industries, from public and private sectors, including government, school districts, colleges/universities, healthcare, non-profit, transportation, and manufacturing.
Goss LLC Agency has extensive experience working on all group benefit lines of coverage and has a broad knowledge of alternate funding arrangements. We have a host of services and tools available to you – including consulting, enrollment, and wellness – that can be customized and catered to your specific needs.
(Products and Services)
Our experienced Account Executives and Account Managers know and understand the benefits marketplace. They have the analytical and creative skills it takes to establish and maintain a competitive benefits package for your company and employees. We partner with you to create a benefits package that meets your budget, while still providing access to coverage that is both affordable and valued by your employees.
As benefits become more complex, employees need an advocate working on their behalf. Goss LLC Group Benefits Agency has dedicated Customer Service team members available to assist with billing issues, open enrollment notices, employee claims, additions and terminations of employees, COBRA provider notifications, and other issues that may arise.
The Goss LLC Group Benefits Agency Philosophy
We possess the ability to provide a total solution to the many challenges present in today’s market by understanding your organizations’ employee benefit needs
Your employee benefit plans require an analytical and consultative approach that begins with understanding your goals. Plan design, contribution strategies and the impact of health care reform will form your ideas about employee benefit plans. Our consultants can guide you through this compliance-heavy landscape and recommend options that suit your organizations’ goals.
Our team-based approach to benefit design ensures every aspect is addressed; our “back room “expertise extends beyond our offices and allows our seamless service to reach an expanded geographic footprint.
Goss LLC Group Benefits Agency Consulting Services Deliver:
- Relationships founded on a consultative and analytical approach that considers your company’s goals, business model, industry niche and objectives
- Current and long-range solutions that support your objectives and are advocated for in all service provider relationships
- Funding alternatives, contribution study/analysis
- Solution-based thinking using a team of experienced professionals
- In-house marketing department that efficiently markets lines to multiple carriers
Considering the increased complexities of the Healthcare System, the rising costs of health care, and the importance of employee benefits in promoting increased employee satisfaction- providing strategy, service, and savings are key to our clients of all sizes and their future business success!
Health Care Reform At A Glance
|Health Care Reform Positions||What this Means for the Business Owners|
|Employer Notice to Employees on Health Insurance Market Places ;||Employers subject to the FLSA must provide employees with the notice prior to October 1st and to new hires after this date|
|90 Day Waiting Period :||Group Health Plan waiting period cannot exceed 90 calendar days for all enrollees for plan years beginning on or after Jan. 1, 2014|
|Cost Sharing Limitations :||Plans must implement cost sharing limitations that limit the annual out–‐of–‐pocket maximum to no greater than limits for HDHP for plan years beginning on or after Jan. 1, 2014|
|Applicable Large Employer (ALE) :||Employers should calculate and confirm their ALE status in 2014 for 2015 plan year|
|Small Business Tax Credit :||Employers should determine qualification for tax credit (must have fewer than 25 employees) May need to seek tax advice|
|Wellness Program Incentives :||Employers may increase incentive to 30 on HIPAA Compliant Wellness Program|
|Pending HCR Guidance :||
Important Communications and Notices are sent to all Goss LLC Group Benefits Agency’s clients on a regular basis to ensure all requirements are met.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to receive our communications.
Disclaimer: This document is for general information purposes only Goss LLC Group Benefits Agency’s does not provide legal or tax advice.
For advice specific to your situation, please consult an attorney or tax professional.
Goss LLC Group Benefits Agency’s clients are currently covered by the following list of carriers. We are willing to expand this list with any other creditable carrier to meet your company’s needs:
- American Fidelity
- American General
- American Medical Security
- Aultra/ Aultcare
- Bravo Wellness
- Companion Life
- Delta Dental
- Dental Care Plus
- John Hancock
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Medical Benefits Mutual
- Metropolitan Life
- Nebco/ AmWins
- Polaris Agency
- Principal Financial Group
- The Standard
- United Concordia
- Vision Service Plan
At Goss LLC Group Benefits Agency, we understand your concerns about privacy. We hope this notice, which describes our use and protection of nonpublic personal information (“customer information”), will help you understand how we treat the customer information we obtain from you or other sources in the course of providing you with our insurance products and additional services. Furthermore, we wish to inform you that we do not share your personal information with any non-affiliated third parties for any purpose that is not specifically authorized by law unless we obtain your affirmative permission.
- Whether you’re doing business with us through an agent, broker, or our Website, we want you to know that Goss LLC respects your privacy and protects your information.
- We do not sell your customer information.
- We do not share, loan or give customer information to persons, companies, or organizations outside of Goss LLC that would use that information to contact you about their own products and services.
- We expect persons or organizations that provide services on our behalf to keep customer information confidential and to use it only to provide the services we’ve asked them to perform. Within Goss LLC, we communicate regarding the need to protect your information to those individuals who may have access to it, and we’ve established physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect customer’s information.
Group Life Insurance
Life insurance provides a degree of financial protection against the certainty of death and can help survivors achieve specified financial objectives. Life insurance death benefits are usually income tax free and can be used to complete a retirement plan, generate lifetime income, pay off the mortgage, and provide funds for childcare, college educations and more. Life insurance policies that accumulate cash value can often provide tax-advantaged money to help meet retirement or emergency cash needs.
Many factors are involved in determining the amount and type of life insurance that’s right for you. To help people better understand life insurance, the Principal Financial Group® developed the From Here to SecuritySM program – complete with a step-by-step educational booklet and interactive calculator. These tools, along with your financial representative, can help you identify the amount and specific types of life insurance that will help you achieve your financial goals.
Types of life insurance available from The Principal® include:
Universal Life Insurance
- Delivers flexible death benefits and flexible premiums (as long as the cash values are enough to cover insurance costs)
- Usually includes a cash value account that accumulates at a floating rate of interest, with a minimum rate guarantee
- Accumulates cash value that may be used to help pay for the cost of insurance, riders and other policy expenses
- May provide secondary guarantees such as no-lapse protection that allows for you to dial in your coverage period from 10 years to age 100
Variable Universal Life Insurance
- Combines the flexibility of universal life with the performance of investment accounts – with a focus on accumulating cash values
- Is performance-based and may outperform or underperform a traditional whole life or universal life policy
- Has flexible death benefits and flexible premiums (as long as the cash value of the policy is adequate)
- Directs net premium to investment accounts, with potential growth in cash value and death benefits tied to the accounts’ performance, except in the fixed account there is no guaranteed rate of return and you could lose money
Survivorship Life Insurance
- Covers two lives, where the death benefit is payable on the death of the second life
- Is commonly used in estate planning, where the first spouse to die leaves his or her estate to the surviving spouse, utilizing the unlimited marital estate tax deduction; the estate then becomes taxable upon the death of the second spouse
- Provides protection for a specific term
- Produces a death benefit that is generally free from income taxes
- Is often renewable after the policy term without evidence of insurability
- Usually costs less than permanent insurance in the short-term
- Can usually be converted to permanent insurance with the same company during part of the life of the policy
As a part of our normal operations we collect, and in some cases, disclose information about you. We encourage you to read the following Privacy Statement that contains information about Goss LLC’s policies regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and protection of your information. If you are not comfortable with any of the terms or policies described in this Statement, we encourage you to send confidential correspondence through the postal service.
What information do we collect?
Personal, Financial, and Product Information:
We collect personally identifiable information in order to identify and register you as a Goss LLC customer. In addition, we collect personal, financial and product information in order to provide you with services tailored to your particular needs. By learning about you, Goss LLC can deliver more relevant protection and product offerings and thus offer you better insurance and options.
The information we collect will vary depending upon the function or processes you select or request. Depending upon the function, product or process you select (for example, quote, request for proposal, e-mail, purchase), you may be required to provide information such as:
Policy(ies) Type(s) & Numbers(s)
Social Security Number
Driver License Number, accident/violation history, information about vehicle operators, lien/lease holders, vehicle information, etc.
What kind of customer information do we have, and where did we get it?
Much of the customer information we collect comes directly from you. When submitting your application or request for insurance or other products and services we offer, or in requesting an insurance quote, you may give us information such as your name, address, driver’s license number and Social Security number. We also keep information about your transactions with our affiliate, others, or us. For example, the types of products and services you purchase from us, premiums, policy account balances and payment history. We also may collect information from outside sources, including customer reporting agencies, and/or health care providers or reporting agencies such as the Medical Information Bureau (MIB). This information includes loss information reports, motor vehicle reports, credit reports, and medical information.
Categories of Information We May Collect
We may collect information directly from you and from other sources in order to provide the products and services you have requested, to service your policy, and to determine your eligibility for other products and services. We may collect the following categories of information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, or other forms and other oral, written, or electronic communications, such as your name, address, Social Security number, assets, income, and medical information;
- Information about your transactions with us, or others, such as transaction history, policy coverage, premiums, payment history, and claims history;
- Information we receive from third parties, including consumer reporting agencies and persons providing services in connection with your transactions, such as credit reports, loss history, driving records, and medical claims;
- Information collected from our Internet websites, such as information you provide to us and information necessary to manage your online session with us; and,
- Information we obtain from health care providers about your past and current health condition.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We do not disclose information about you to third parties, except as required or permitted by law. For example, in the course of our general business practices, we may disclose information contained in applications and other forms that we collect, as previously described, to the following types of third parties for the reasons described:
- To a third party to perform a business, professional, or insurance function for us; To an insurance company, agent, or insurance support organization, or self-insurer to detect or prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction
- To an insurance company, agent, or insurance support organization to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you;
- To a medical care provider in order to verify coverage or benefits;
- To an insurance regulatory authority, or law enforcement or other governmental authority to prevent or prosecute fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities; and
- To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience.
How is this information used?
The information you submit to us via our on-line forms and e-mail is used to provide you with the response or service you have requested.
Who has access to this information?
In order to better serve your particular needs, Goss LLC, its employees, and certain companies working on Goss LLC behalf have access to this information. This information may also be disclosed to third parties without your consent if disclosure is necessary to comply with legal processes or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Goss LLC, its users or the public. We may also provide limited information about you to third parties without your permission when necessary or appropriate to service an insurance policy we have issued (e.g., inquiries from lien holders or additional insured’s listed on the policy) or to address claims submitted under a policy we have issued.
Please note that the insurance companies that issue your policies may have personal information about you. Our Notice does not govern their use of information about you. You should review the privacy notices of your insurance providers to understand how they collect, use and disclose information.
As a successful business in the greater Detroit area, Goss LLC Agency proudly gives back. Our employees care about making the central Ohio community a better place to live and work. It is our tradition to donate charitably and give of our time by participating in many local events throughout the year, which benefit multiple organizations and help support the needs of disadvantaged families.
― Robert F. Kennedy”